Saturday, April 2, 2016

A Foxy Title Sequence

A still from Hill's Foxy Brown
   After looking over my footage, I realized that my opening would still be under the two minute minimum. Although I know that the opening doesn't have to be two minutes exactly, I don't believe that my current footage alone would do my project justice. I have already contacted my main actress, Mina, to ask if she could film any other day so that I can get additional shots and even redo some previous shots that I wasn't 100% pleased with, but unfortunately she told me that due to transportation issues and the fact that she's insanely sick, she wouldn't be able to get together again. I don't think that I will be able to film any extra footage featuring her so if I was gonna get more shots they would probably only feature the antagonist, but she is also currently working on her own project so we'll have to see about that. 
   In order to solve this problem I was thinking about lengthening my time by adding a credit sequence. In my research, I discussed the film Foxy Brown(1974) and how it's been one of my main inspirations when tackling this genre. 
    It's opening specifically came to mind when I was thinking about ways I could extend the opening while still showing my skill set. I found an article online that analyses the opening and how it successfully establishes the brand of the main character, Foxy Brown, by solely showing images that represent her and pairing it with a unique and powerful "theme song."  
  I will do some research to figure out exactly how I can achieve these effects in Adobe Premiere Pro and how I can achieve a similar feeling to the one in Foxy Brown.

stay cool, kmp

No comments:

Post a Comment